Decadent champagne brunches and buffets make a return at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore with the official opening of brand new concept Colony.
Replacing the now-defunct Greenhouse that used to be synonymous with bi-annual SuperBrunch extravaganza is definitely no easy task, but this newfangled, gorgeous buffet concept—sporting a swanky yet charmingly vintage new look put together by award-winning designer Tony Chi—seems to have exceeded expectations.
Eight different conservatory kitchens, helmed by ‘live’ culinary showmanship, bring diners on a culinary journey of Singapore’s heritage cuisines—ranging from beer-battered cod fillet and sop buntut (Indonesian oxtail soup) to dim sim and Indian delights prepared in a traditional tandoor oven.
Definite must-tries includes local favourites such as the slurp-worthy Colony Laksa, best enjoyed with cockles, and hand-pulled noodles served with a full-flavoured supreme chicken broth and homemade lobster balls.
The eight stations are:
– Ice Bar of crustaceans and four different fresh oysters on ice, salads, cold cuts and cheeses
– Grill & Rotisserie with selection of Western and Asian meats grilled to perfection, such as Iberico suckling pig and grilled satay
– Steam Basket of an assortment of dim sum, soups and Asian noodles
– The Wok of local wok-fried delicacies
– Tandoor of Indian meats, seafood and breads cooked in a traditional Tandoor oven
– The Fruit Stall where you’ll find whole fruits and selection of fresh-pressed juices
– Patisserie stacked with sweet treats, ice creams and other desserts
– The Bakery with freshly baked breads, pastries and sandwiches
Colony also features a unique, personalised table-side cocktail service during dinner buffets where the resident mixologist will come round to recommend and handcraft specialty cocktails on the spot.
The price for buffet lunch at Colony is $58 for adults from Monday to Saturday; dinner at $78 from Sunday to Thursday and $88 for Friday and Saturday nights.
In addition, a Champagne Afternoon Tea ($49) is served Mondays to Saturdays, 3.30pm-5.30pm, featuring traditional British-styled three-tier sets that come with a glass of Louis Roederer NV Brut, and a Vintage Champagne Sunday Brunch at $188 that includes free-flow Louis Roederer Brut Vintage 2008 and Brut Rose 2009, selected cocktails, house pour red and white wines, draught beer and soft drinks.
Address: Level 3, 7 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039799
Tel: +65 6434 5288